Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Positions
Well Coast is seeking committed, qualified PMHNP candidates to fill openings in both our San Francisco and San Diego offices. We offer the right candidates a competitive salary, as well as the opportunity to grow professionally in the rapidly expanding field of mental health. If you feel that you might have what it takes to join our practice, we encourage you to contact us (with your resume and salary expectations) at email@example.com. More information available at www.wcphealth.com. Recruiters, please do not contact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create an effective and ongoing relationship with each patient, including:
- Taking complete medical history and psychiatric history;
- Making accurate assessments and diagnoses; and
- Developing comprehensive treatment plans, including medication management.
- Develop effective and cooperative relationships with client therapists and primary care physicians regarding mental health status and treatment.
- Offer CBT- and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, and other forms of psychotherapy.
- Maintain documentation of all patients seen, including follow-up and referral in the electronic medical records system, in accordance with strict adherence to all ethical and legal standards.
- Implement personalized care planning processes, utilizing evidence-based medicine and active participation of clients.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat emergent and chronic psychiatric and substance abuse related disorders, including (where appropriate) crisis intervention.
- Independently order and interpret laboratory reports and diagnostic imaging reports.
- Consult with collaborating physician on a regular basis.
Required Credentialing, Knowledge and Skills
- Current Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner license
- Current Board certification
- Current DEA license
- 3-5 years + experience with medication management, including working with high-functioning patients within a private practice environment
- Ability to work independently with physician or psychiatrist telephone backup, and as part of a team
- Demonstrated proficiency with all tasks on the most current Psychiatric and Mental Health NP competency list.
- Compliance with electronic medical records management procedures, including applicable HIPAA practices.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to be sensitive with persons of diverse social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds
582 Market St St 1608, San Francisco, CA 94104 | 1455 Frazee Rd Ste 500 San Diego CA 92108 (415)521-1506 | (619)404-0667 | fax: (877)448-3551 | firstname.lastname@example.org