Thank you for your interest in becoming a Well Coast client. We typically can see intake clients within one or two weeks.
Please consider the following before making an appointment:
A. Are you in crisis?
If you feel you are in crisis, please call 911 and/or go to the nearest emergency room
It would not be helpful to come to us if you are acutely in crisis. As a small group of private practitioners, we generally do not have “crisis management” services.
There are some exceptions:
- If your healthcare provider (e.g. doctor or therapist) refers you and assures us that they are providing the additional support that we are otherwise unable to provide, we may agree to see you on short notice, provided that we have availability.
- If you are an existing client, and have infrequent crises, we will agree to see you on short notice, if one of us are available.
- If we specifically contract with your insurance carrier to provide crisis management services, we may be obligated to see you for such crises. We will let you know if such an obligation exists between us.
However, if you are in crisis more frequently than we have capacity to handle, we would recommend that you are seen at a facility that can serve you better. If you are having strong thoughts or impulses to harm yourself or others, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
B. Financial Considerations
We are paneled by the following insurance companies:
- Cash, check, or credit card
- Anthem PPO
- Aetna PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Lyra Health
- United Health / Optum PPO
We do not accept any Medi-Cal or medicaid plans at this time.
If you have coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, please note that they may have sub-contracted mental health services to any number of agencies, for which we may or may not be considered an in-network provider. We are out-of-network with Blue Shield, except when the mental-health portion of the plan is managed by Anthem.
Most of our clients pay a small co-pay per visit. Clients are responsible for the rates with which we have contracted with your insurance companies, OR our cash rates. Your out of pocket expense may include deductibles, co-pay, and/or co-insurance. Note that at the end of the day, if your insurance does not reimburse us, you will be responsible for our fees.
Our cash rates are: $395 for 50 min initial/follow-up visits, and $195 for 25 min follow-up visits. If you have a PPO plan, we can submit claims directly to insurance, or provide you with super-bills that you may use to submit yourself.
C. Age Group
Dr. Guchereau and NP Di Dato see children and adolescents, and adults. NPs Lee, Lopez, May and Randhawa would see older adolescents and adults (16 years old or older).
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to get pregnant, we can discuss the risks, benefits, and alternatives available to you, including the latest evidence-based options. We can discuss your situation and plans in more detail during our appointment.
E. Target Problems & Issues
- Anxiety (Panics, social anxiety)
- Binge eating disorder
- Mood disorders (depression, bipolar disorder, pre-menstrual depression)
- Obessive compulsive disorder, skin picking, hair pulling
- PTSD, trauma-related
- Side effects of medications, problems with withdrawals
- Substance use disorders, dual diagnosis
Please Note: Our focus is PRIMARILY medication management with SOME psychotherapy. We generally do not provide psychotherapy with no medications.
If you have a problem or issue not listed above, please be sure to inform our staff before confirming an appointment.
Schedule an Initial Appointment
If after these considerations, you would like to make an appointment with us, please contact us.
Questions? Please text or call :
Privacy Statement: In accordance with HIPAA, all employees and vendors who may have access to any client health information are carefully screened, and all vendors are required to enter into a Business Associates’ Agreement (BAA).