How to use Doxy.me for video appointment
BEFORE YOUR FIRST TELEMENTAL HEALTH APPOINTMENT
- Identify a private and confidential space where you can hold your telehealth session without being concerned about interruptions or noise. Consider if you need a white noise machine or light music playing by your door to prevent sound from traveling. Making sure that you have headphones available to use during your session is yet another way that you can protect your confidentiality. Consider also how you will let housemates, family members, and/or colleagues know that you are unavailable and need uninterrupted time.
- Make sure you have a laptop or device with microphone and camera, and secure and stable internet access for your call.BEST: laptops or computers with wired internet (ethernet)
GOOD: laptops or computers on secure, stable wifi (password protected, not public wi-fi)
OKAY: mobile devices (tablets or phones) on secure, stable wifi (password protected)
POOR: mobile devices (tablets or phones) using cellular data
AVOID: unstable or unsecure public wifi
- Try the Pre-call DoxyTest to make sure your system works: https://doxy.me/
- To improve call quality, we recommend optimizing your network setup using these tips:
ON YOUR APPOINTMENT DAY
- Complete the patient questionnaires PRIOR to your appointment. These are located on your patient portal, which you can access using your phone app or online at https://bit.ly/wellcoast
- NEW PATIENTS: Complete the intake questionnaire (you only have to do this once – do not do it again if you already completed it.)
- RETURNING PATIENTS: Complete the follow-up questionnaire before every appointment. If needed, update any new medical information, address, phone number, or pharmacy information.
- Record the patient’s height, weight, heart rate and blood pressure (if you have a blood pressure cuff) for your provider.
- Be prepared with a list of all current medications (or have the actual medication bottles with you). This includes ALL your medications and supplements (even non-psychiatric medications).
CHECKING-IN FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
***We recommend checking in a few minutes early in case you have any technical difficulties.***
- First close any other apps that might be using your camera or microphone (Skype, Facetime, Zoom, etc).
- Refresh your browser.
For Windows Laptop/Desk: Chrome, Edge, Firefox (No Internet Explorer)
For Mac Laptop/iMac: Chrome, Safari, Firefox
For iPhone/iPad: Safari Only at this time
For Android Mobile/Tablet: Chrome, Edge, Samsung, Firefox (No I.E.)
3. Close any other browser tabs or programs so that you can have the best connection with your provider.
4. Log on to wellcoast.doxy.me a few minutes prior to your appointment. Select the name of your provider from the drop-down menu. Then enter the patient’s name (first and last). You will then be taken to the secure virtual waiting room for your provider. Your provider will bring you into their private room at the time of your appointment.
5. Allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone.
6. If more than 5 minutes has passed and you have not heard from your provider, OR if you have technical difficulties, please call us at (833) 931-1716.
7. We recommend you bookmark the videoconference website wellcoast.doxy.me in your browser for quick access on your next appointment.
MAKING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TELEHEALTH APPOINTMENT
- In order to make the most out of your session, sit in a secure, confidential location. Sitting at a desk or table is ideal.
- Make sure that your phone and email are turned off and that all browsers (other than your telehealth platform) are closed on your computer. This will help with internet speed and connection.
- In general, a telehealth session is just like a face-to-face session. For example, during a face-to-face session, you would not be answering calls, texting, or responding to emails. We want to make sure that you are protecting your tele-mental health time by engaging in these very same practices.
- Remember that the nature of this meeting is still a professional one. That means that you want to be wearing the type of clothing that you would generally be wearing if you were attending an in-person appointment. You also want to make sure that the location you choose for your telehealth session reflects the professional nature of this meeting.
- Have any other people present in the room unless they are participating in the appointment (with your consent) and you have informed your provider.
- Record or film your session in any way without the express authorization from your provider. We will not record your session either, unless we have discussed this with you and obtained your consent explicitly beforehand. This is to protect your privacy and confidentiality.
- Have your telehealth appointment from a public place such as a coffee shop.
- Engage in telehealth appointments using unsecured or public wifi.
- Work on other tasks such as cooking, cleaning, texting, emailing, gaming, etc. during your telehealth appointment.
- Initiate your telehealth session if you are not in a safe and secure place.
- Initiate your appointment while driving or biking or doing other activities that would be unsafe or reckless. Yes, you read that right. Please don’t put yourself or others at risk.
Looking forward to our visit together.